What is counselling?
Counselling is a process of identifying and working through difficult feelings or issues in your life which may be causing distress with the help and support of a trained therapist. Counselling is about helping you to find your own answers to problems, an opportunity for you to look at your problems in a different way in a non-judgemental and safe environment.
How can it help?
Counselling can help you in the following ways:
- It can help you gain a greater level of self-knowledge and understanding
- It can enhance your relationships with your self and others
- It can improve your sense of choice and self esteem
- It can relieve your sense that you are entirely alone with your problems
- It can help you find meaning and satisfaction in your life
What can we help you with?
We offer a supportive and confidential environment for you to explore whatever it is that is causing you distress. Our professional counsellors have experience working with the following issues/challenges:
- Anxiety and stress
- Bereavement and loss
- Family issues
- Feeling low/depression
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Intimacy issues
- Life meaning and enjoyment
- Living with health issues
- Relationships issues
- Significant life changes
Sometimes you may need more specialist assistance and we will always signpost/refer you to other avenues of support that we feel could be of use to you.